Police search for stabbing victim who fled scene of assault
- Credit: Archant
Police are today hunting for the victim of a reported stabbing last night in Norwich after they fled the scene of their own assault.
Officers were called to Goodman Square, near Old Palace Road at around 5pm on Thursday evening following reports a person had been stabbed.
Police and other emergency services attended, but by the time they ahd arrived the victim had fled the scene.
Two men, both aged in their late teens and from London, have been arrested on suspicion of assault, possession of an offensive weapon and possession with intent to supply Class A drugs.
They have been taken to Wymondham Police Investigation Centre for questioning, where they remain in custody this morning.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are carrying out enquiries to try and locate the victim and a cordon has been put in place at the scene while initial investigations are ongoing.
Anyone with any information about the incident or the victim in the assault should contact Norfolk Police on non-emergency number 101. Alternatively information can be left anonymously with Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 Coast path's 33-mile revamp would open up new walking route
- 2 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 3 Welcome to our new website
- 4 Excitement mounts ahead of proposed return for Norwich City at Luton
- 5 Confirmed: Three households can form Christmas bubble to spend festive period together
- 6 Canaries legend Justin Fashanu could have street named after him
- 7 Cromer teenager supports local charities
- 8 Stoke City 2-3 Norwich City: Buendia red card, Krul injury but Canaries stay top of the Championship
- 9 MPs call for Norfolk to be in own coronavirus tier
- 10 Farke fears Krul out for weeks