No further action after man had Taser pointed at him in Norwich drama
- Credit: Submitted
Police have confirmed they will be taking no further action after a Taser was pulled on a man after a car was stopped in a Norwich street in the middle of the afternoon.
Four people were arrested and taken into custody by police following an incident in Magdalen Street, close to the City Convenience Store, where a Land Rover-type vehicle was stopped by officers.
A man had a Taser pointed at him by officers during the drama which unfolded at about 1.30pm on Wednesday, September 4.
The vehicle was thought to have been linked to an earlier incident in Hall Road, at about noon on the same day,
But a spokesman has subsequently confirmed that "no further action will be taken against the people arrested and the case has been closed".
You may also want to watch:
Members of the public recalled hearing a "commotion" before police told the man to 'get down on the floor'.
- 1 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 2 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 3 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 4 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 5 Main road reopens more than six hours after 'serious' crash
- 6 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 7 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 8 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 9 'Untouchable': People tell how Norwich killer left them in fear of their safety
- 10 Harley-Davidson motorcyclist dies in A134 crash