Four people arrested after driving “suspiciously” past city court
- Credit: IAN BURT
Four people have been arrested on suspicion of drugs offences after running into police - close to Norwich Magistrates Court.
Police saw a car being driven suspiciously and stopped it in Bishopgate, near to the city's magistrates court.
One person, who did not want to be named, said four police cars and three police bikes were involved in the stop which happened at about noon on Wednesday (December 19).
Four people had been in the car but two ran off after the car was stopped.
But officers detained them near to the scene.
You may also want to watch:
A Norfolk Police spokesman said officers seized what's believed to be a quantity of Class A drugs.
Two men, aged 19 and 20, both from Norwich, were arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply a Class A drug.
- 1 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 2 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 3 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 4 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 5 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 6 Joy and relief as Latitude passes off successfully
- 7 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 8 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
- 9 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 10 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
Two people, an 18-year-old man and a 17-year-old girl, both from Norwich, were arrested on suspicion of being concerned in the supply of Class A drugs.
All four have been released under investigation whilst enquiries continue.