Former Norwich City youth coach to stand trial over child sex abuse charges
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
A former Norwich City youth coach is to go on trial this month having been charged with the sexual abuse of 11 boys under the age of 16.
The trial of Michael 'Kit' Carson, 75, is due to begin on Monday (January 7) at Peterborough Crown Court.
He has been charged with 12 counts of indecent assault and one of inciting a child to engage in sexual activity.
The offences are alleged to have happened between 1978 and 2009 and involve 11 victims, all boys under the age of 16.
Carson, of St Bartholomew's Court, Riverside, Cambridge, has denied all charges.
You may also want to watch:
The former coach was arrested as part of the investigation into historical child sex abuse in football.
He worked at Norwich as a youth coach between 1983 and 1993, before moving to Peterborough to run their youth academy until 2001.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 9 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 10 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed
He then spent five years at Cambridge as their head of talent development but more recently worked at non-league Histon in Cambridgeshire.