Fire and police called to reports of ‘suspicious’ lead theft at village church
- Credit: Archant
Police and the fire service were called to a village church following reports of a person stealing lead from its roof.
Officers from Breckland Police and Kings Lynn Police went to St Andrew's Church in Northwold, near Thetford, at around 1.30am on Monday, December 31.
One fire crew from Methwold were also called to the scene and helped police search the church.
Norfolk Police said nothing was stolen but said they are treating the incident as suspicious and said there may have been someone trying to steal lead from the church.
Breckland Police said on Twitter: 'Team 3 Thetford assisted Kings Lynn Police at Northwold village church this evening following a report of a person stealing lead.
You may also want to watch:
'Full search completed with the assistance of Norfolk Fire. All in order.'
Did you see anything or do you have a story in Northwold and the surrounding area? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details.
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 4 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 5 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 6 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 7 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 8 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 9 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 10 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument