Enquiries ongoing to trace suspect who pointed gun in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Enquiries are today ongoing after a man pointed a gun at a group of friends who had to 'run for their lives' following the incident at the Norwich shopping centre.
Armed police were sent to respond to the incident, which happened in the Anglia Square area at around 4.30am on Saturday.
A group of friends were walking home when they were approached by a man who is alleged to have pulled out a gun and assaulted two of the group.
Norfolk police confirmed that 'given the nature' of the incident armed officers were deployed to the area at 4.35am, but that the weapon involved was believed to be a BB gun.
A police spokesman said: 'Officers were unable to locate any suspects and fire arms officers were stood down shortly after 6am'
You may also want to watch:
A force spokesman said today (Wednesday, February 13) that 'enquiries are on-going' into the incident.
• Information to Norwich CID on 101.
- 1 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 2 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 3 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 4 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 5 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 6 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 9 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 10 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship