Enquiries ongoing into Thorpe St Andrew houseboat burglary
- Credit: Archant
Investigations are continuing following a houseboat burglary in Thorpe St Andrew.
A man was arrested and led away in handcuffs following a suspected houseboat burglary near River Green in Thorpe St Andrew.
Officers had been forced to access the scene via marshland and woods to make the arrest following the drama in the early hours of Wednesday, August 29 last year.
A police spokesman said the suspect was released from policy custody and remains under investigation for the offence.
Enquiries are ongoing.
You may also want to watch:
As previously reported, houseboat owner Hadrian Smith had been in London for Notting Hill Carnival but arrived back at his home to find his property in disarray.
Mr Smith's food had been eaten, his toilet used without flushing, his possessions taken, and his photographs thrown in the River Yare, where he is moored.
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 3 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 4 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 5 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 6 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 7 Do you recognise this man?
- 8 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 9 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 10 'Very calculated predator' - how jailed abuser befriended pupils' families