Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- Credit: Suffolk Police
A 34-year-old man from the Bungay area has been arrested by police on suspicion of a drugs offence.
Investigations are continuing after a new policing team carried out patrols in Beccles over the weekend, with cannabis being seized by officers.
The Neighbourhood Crime Proactive team – or Kestrel team – is dedicated to tackling criminal and ASB challenges that emerge in a particular area.
Supporting Suffolk Police’s capability to address crime and associated anti-social behaviour across the county in apparent ‘hotspots’, they can help tackle issues and concerns which local communities have raised to local officers.
With the Kestrel team carrying out extensive patrols in Beccles on Sunday, November 22, a police spokesman said: "The Kestrel team were once again in our area and during these patrols a male was stop searched under the misuse of drugs act.
You may also want to watch:
"Officers seized five bags of cannabis from the male.
"A 34-year-old man from the Bungay area was arrested and taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre before being released under investigation."
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 4 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 7 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 8 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 9 Man who felt lonely caught drink-driving, court hears
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall