Drone used in search for missing person near Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Archant
The fire service drone has been used to help in the search of a missing person near Great Yarmouth.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service's drone team from Wymondham has been assisting police in the search for a missing person in St Olaves, near Great Yarmouth.
The search, which started at about 9.30pm tonight (Friday, November 16) was still continuing at just after 11pm.
No-one at Norfolk Police was available for comment about the search or details of the person who is missing,
The fire service drone was introduced earlier this year to assist crews at Norfolk Fire & Rescue Service in tackling a wide range of incidents across the county.
You may also want to watch:
It is hoped the drone, along with a new mobile command centre, will help to enhance the safety of both fire fighters and members of the public at serious incidents throughout Norfolk.
The drone is based at Wymondham Fire Station.
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 3 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 4 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 5 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 6 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 7 'It's looking bleak' - City taxi firms respond to panic-buying at the pumps
- 8 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 9 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 10 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000