Appeal after driver crashed into three walls before fleeing scene
- Credit: Archant
Police are continuing to hunt the driver of a car, which careered off the road and caused significant damage to the walls of three houses.
Inquiries are continuing in connection with the collision after a man fled from the scene following the crash.
Householders described how their homes shook as they were awoken by dramatic scenes when a VW Beetle Sport careered off the road and hit three walls and a wheelchair accessible vehicle on Montgomery Avenue in Lowestoft.
The crash, which happened about 10.20pm on Tuesday, October 9, significantly damaged the walls of three houses, while the VW Beetle Sport also hit a lamppost and slightly damaged one car on its way down the road before it spun out of control and ploughed into a red Toyota Verso parked on a driveway.
After fleeing from the scene of the crash, the motorist is yet to be located by police.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: 'Enquiries are still ongoing.'
Anyone who witnessed the collision, or who has any information, should call Lowestoft police on 101, quoting crime reference 583 74/18.
- 1 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 2 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 3 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 4 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 7 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 8 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 9 Post-Latitude covid has made me realise pandemic has a long way to go
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Loan possibility remains for Skipp