WATCH: Man robbed of car at knife-point in Downham Market
- Credit: Jet
CCTV footage has captured the moment a man was car-jacked at knife-point in Downham Market this week.
Shortly before 10.30am on Wednesday officers were called to Lynn Road after a man was threatened with a knife at a petrol station, by a man who drove off with his car.
The red Vauxhall Corsa was last seen heading south on the A10 towards Ely.
One man, who has worked at the Jet petrol station on Low Road for 19 years, said it was the first time anything like this had happened at the business.
'It was all over in two minutes,' he said. 'I didn't have time to feel scared. 'A man was dropped off by a taxi and went up to a customer with a knife. There was some arguing between the two men but then I saw the customer take his house key off the car keys and the man got in the car and drove it away.'
You may also want to watch:
Mayor of Downham Market, David Sharman said: 'I am horrified, it's so unusual for Downham Market to have anything like this, to my knowledge it's never happened in Downham before. I hope we don't have any repetition of it.'
Jonathan Toye runs West Norfolk Disability Information Service (WNDIS) and lives opposite the Jet petrol station said: 'It's usually a very quiet and peaceful road, the people who work in the garage are lovely, it's not that sort of road.'
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 3 'Incredible' donation pays for expansion of Norfolk's largest ancient wood
- 4 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 5 Man arrested after woman suffers broken collar bone in row over mask
- 6 'It's nonsense': Shoppers react to Norfolk's Tier 2 announcement
- 7 Commuter trains halted as Norwich to London line blocked
- 8 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 9 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 10 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Coventry City - Krul out three weeks; Pukki out this weekend
The robbery is being linked to an incident in King's Lynn when officers were called to the JD Sports store on the High Street at around 9.55am.
A man had entered the store and threatened a female staff member with a knife before he stole trainers, gloves and clothing.
No one was hurt in either incident. Anyone with information should contact King's Lynn CID on 101.
A man in his 20s had been arrested in London in connection with the incidents and remains in custody.