New CCTV image issued in hunt for supermarket purse thief
- Credit: Norfolk Police
Police have issued a new CCTV image as part of an appeal for help to trace a man following two purse thefts at supermarkets.
The security camera image follows incidents on where victims had their purse stolen whilst shopping in Waitrose in Swaffham on February 14 and at the Aldi store on Mere Street in Diss on February 20.
Officers said the fresh image is of a man they would like to speak in connection with both the incidents.
It follows two CCTV pictures that were previously released in connection with the Diss store theft, which took place at just after 10.30am.
Anyone who may recognise the man is asked to contact Op Solve via 101 or firstname.lastname@example.org quoting crime reference 36/10784/19 or 36/12009/19. Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk Police have urged shoppers to be vigilant following a spate of purse thefts in recent weeks, with similar incidents in supermarkets in North Walsham and Cromer.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 2 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 3 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 4 Driver dies in crash on A47
- 5 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 6 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 7 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 8 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 9 End of an era as hardware store closes after 60 years
- 10 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home