Police join Norfolk family in search for missing mother of five
- Credit: Archant
A family is growing increasingly concerned for the welfare of a mother-of-five who has been missing since Tuesday, December 18.
Sandra Thomas, 53, who has mental health issues, was staying with one of her daughters in Norwich when she went missing, at about 8am.
The family has been searching in Norwich and Thorpe St Andrew and handing out posters to members of the public to see if anyone has seen her. Norfolk police have also been helping with the search.
Daughter Hannah Thomas, from North Walsham, said on social media: 'My mother was last seen in Norwich. She was staying with my sister. Her mental health has been very concerning.
'My sister woke up and she was gone. She didn't take her phone or purse. This is very worrying as usually my mum takes her phone.'
She thanked everyone for their kind messages and support, and added: 'We are just really worried and want her home for Christmas - we are extremely lost without her. Someone must have seen her. We are begging for someone to come forward with information ASAP. This is the worst feeling as a family, especially with it being so close to Christmas.
'We are going out of our minds but we're not giving up until we find her or get information.'
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Weather warning in place as snow falls in parts of Norfolk and Waveney
- 3 Covid restrictions played part in father's death, inquest told
- 4 Passengers angry after train heading to Norwich delayed for hours
- 5 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 6 School closed its doors for three days after Covid outbreak
- 7 Luxury manor for sale with a 'Hobbit house' in the grounds
- 8 Unfinished barn conversion to go up for sale at auction
- 9 Car flips over in crash near south Norfolk village
- 10 Out of control dog attacked and killed sheep, court hears
Mrs Thomas is believed to have been wearing black leggings, and a black, long coat with a brown fur hood.
Her eldest daughter Natasha Statham believes she had an appointment at Hellesdon Hospital on Monday, but this has not been confirmed.
She said: 'I did find out from one of her school friends that our mum said to her she doesn't want them to lock her up, and implying she wanted to end her life.
'Our mum worked for Darnell sofa place, but she hasn't been there for a month.
'She's never gone missing before - if she was going anywhere she would always let someone know where she is, and always had her phone.
'We also found out she has split from her boyfriend.'
anyone with information can get in touch with the family at www.facebook.com/hannah.parker.5454