Police join Norfolk family in search for missing mother of five
- Credit: Archant
A family is growing increasingly concerned for the welfare of a mother-of-five who has been missing since Tuesday, December 18.
Sandra Thomas, 53, who has mental health issues, was staying with one of her daughters in Norwich when she went missing, at about 8am.
The family has been searching in Norwich and Thorpe St Andrew and handing out posters to members of the public to see if anyone has seen her. Norfolk police have also been helping with the search.
Daughter Hannah Thomas, from North Walsham, said on social media: 'My mother was last seen in Norwich. She was staying with my sister. Her mental health has been very concerning.
'My sister woke up and she was gone. She didn't take her phone or purse. This is very worrying as usually my mum takes her phone.'
You may also want to watch:
She thanked everyone for their kind messages and support, and added: 'We are just really worried and want her home for Christmas - we are extremely lost without her. Someone must have seen her. We are begging for someone to come forward with information ASAP. This is the worst feeling as a family, especially with it being so close to Christmas.
'We are going out of our minds but we're not giving up until we find her or get information.'
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 5 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 6 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 7 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 9 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 10 The areas of Norfolk where Covid cases are now falling
Mrs Thomas is believed to have been wearing black leggings, and a black, long coat with a brown fur hood.
Her eldest daughter Natasha Statham believes she had an appointment at Hellesdon Hospital on Monday, but this has not been confirmed.
She said: 'I did find out from one of her school friends that our mum said to her she doesn't want them to lock her up, and implying she wanted to end her life.
'Our mum worked for Darnell sofa place, but she hasn't been there for a month.
'She's never gone missing before - if she was going anywhere she would always let someone know where she is, and always had her phone.
'We also found out she has split from her boyfriend.'
anyone with information can get in touch with the family at www.facebook.com/hannah.parker.5454