11th person arrested in murder investigation
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2019
Another arrest has been made by officers investigating the murder of David Lawal in Thetford.
A 25-year-old woman was arrested in the town on the evening of Saturday, October 19 on suspicion of assisting an offender. She was taken into custody and has since been released under investigation.
Mr Lawal, 25, was fatally stabbed in the neck and chest area in an incident on Brandon Road in Thetford on Thursday, October 3.
A total of 11 people have now been arrested in connection with his death.
It follows the arrest of two suspects on Thursday, October 17, a 23-year-old from Haverhill and a 42-year-old from Norwich, who were also arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender. Both men were questioned before being released under investigation.
You may also want to watch:
Three other suspects arrested earlier this week have also been released.
Detectives continue with their enquiries and officers are still keen to hear from anyone with information concerning the incident.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 6 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 7 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 8 City confirm midfielder exit
- 9 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 10 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
Contact the Norfolk and Suffolk Major Investigation Team on 101 quoting Operation Petersfield.
You can also share information online here https://mipp.police.uk/operation/363719N41-PO1.