Dad who sparked manhunt after fleeing hospital to be sentenced
- Credit: Archant
A dad who sparked a major police hunt when he went on the run from a Norwich hospital will be sentenced today.
Father of six, Sanjay Morrison, 26, was under arrest and receiving treatment at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital (NNUH) when he went on the run from the hospital on July 31.
He claimed he had fled to be with his family after hearing his baby needed an operation.
Morrison, of no fixed address, was arrested on September 3, more than a month after he went on the run.
At a previous hearing at Norwich Crown Court Morrison admitted escape from lawful custody on July 31 and possession of cannabis on September 3. He also admitted theft of £20, on June 25.
You may also want to watch:
Morrison will be sentenced today after the case was adjourned so he could attend the operation at Great Ormond Street Hospital.
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 3 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 4 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 5 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 6 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 7 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 8 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 9 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 10 City recruitment chief linked with Boro exit