Man given absolute discharge after more than 200 expanding bullets were seized
- Credit: Archant
A man has been given an absolute discharge after more than 200 expanding bullets were found in a cottage.
Terry Gibson, 38, previously of Marlborough Green Crescent, Martham, near Great Yarmouth, appeared at Norwich Crown Court on Monday (November 11) charged with possessing prohibited ammunition.
The charge had dated from March 10, 2017.
Expanding bullets are designed to be projected as a missile from a weapon and were found at a cottage in Northrepps, near Cromer. He was given an absolute discharge.
The court heard the items had been seized by police from the cottage.
You may also want to watch:
Judge Anthony Bate said: "The law changed in his favour in respect of the charge and not long after the seizure."
- 1 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 2 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 3 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 4 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 5 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 6 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 7 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 8 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 9 'Very high risk' paedophile who groomed 12-year-old has sentence doubled
- 10 Tributes to Norwich mum who died from breast cancer aged 47