Warnings as multiple cold callers strike in Norfolk
- Credit: Getty Images
There have been numerous reports of cold callers targeting the Norfolk area in the last few days.
Norfolk County Council Trading Standards advise never to buy from cold callers and have recently issued the following warnings:
• Reports of a male carrying a large holdall cold calling in the Sprowston area.
• Reports of cold callers in the Costessey area offering to purchase gold and jewellery.
• Reports of a male cold calling in the Eaton area of Norwich offering to do undertake work on trees.
You may also want to watch:
Last week they also issued alerts about two men wearing branded green tabards cold calling at properties in Caister enquiring about insulation, and two men cold calling at properties in Attleborough offering to carry out repair work.
The alerts remind the public that as well as refusing to buy from cold callers, they should never agree to have work done on or around your property.
- 1 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 4 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 5 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 6 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 7 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 8 'It's looking bleak' - City taxi firms respond to panic-buying at the pumps
- 9 Aldi to open 100 new stores with eyes on towns in Norfolk
- 10 Norfolk scams: Rogue gardeners and fake energy salespeople
The Trading Standards page asks that any further Norfolk sightings are reported via the Citizens Advice consumer helpline on 03454 040506 or Norfolk Constabulary on 101.