Supermarket cashpoint sealed off after break-in attempt
- Credit: Archant
A cashpoint has been sealed off after an attempted theft at a supermarket in Norwich.
Police are investigating after an attempt was made to steal money from the cash machine at the East of England Co-op on Dereham Road.
The incident happened between 1.55am and 3.20am on Friday (September, 18).
The cashpoint has since been cordoned off with tape as evidence.
Nothing was stolen from the cashpoint but the machine has been damaged.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for the East of England Co-op said: “We are aware of an incident which resulted in damage to the outside of our Dereham Road store in Norwich.
“We would encourage anyone that may have witnessed any activity to contact Norfolk Police or contact Crimestoppers anonymously.”
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 3 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 4 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 5 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 6 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 7 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 8 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 9 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 10 City confirm midfielder exit
Norfolk police have appealed for any witnesses.
Anyone with information about this incident should contact Norfolk Police on 101 quoting reference number 36/65530/20.