Clothing banks broken into across county
- Credit: Archant
Clothing banks have been damaged and broken into across the county, with police urging local communities to be vigilant.
Officers are investigating three incidents where charity clothing banks were damaged in an attempt to break into them at Tesco on Kilverstone in Thetford, Tesco on Yarmouth Road in Caister and at Morrisons on Clipbush Lane in Fakenham.
In two further incidents at Morrisons in Dereham and on Hurn Road in Dereham, clothing banks have been broken into but it is unknown whether anything has been stolen.
All the incidents happened between Saturday January 19 and Monday February 4.
Sergeant Toby Gosdon said: 'We are investigating whether these incidents are linked and I would urge anyone who may have seen any suspicious activity in these areas in recent weeks to contact police.
You may also want to watch:
'I would also like to remind people to be vigilant and to report any suspicious behaviour by calling 101 or dial 999 if a crime is in progress.'
Anyone with information should contact Sergeant Toby Gosden at North Walsham Police Station on 101.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 3 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 4 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 9 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 10 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.