Boy, 12, has bike stolen in knife robbery
- Credit: Norfolk Police
A 12-year-old boy had his bike stolen after he was threatened with a knife.
The victim and his friend, from Thetford, were approached by a man with a knife, outside Hanbury Court, at 9pm on Sunday, June 14.
The suspect demanded one of the boys hand over his bike - a fluorescent green ‘cube’ mountain bike with a blue saddle - and escaped in the direction of the A134 Bury Road towards Mill Lane.
Nobody was injured during the incident.
Detectives have released a CCTV image of a man they would like to speak to in connection with the robbery.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who recognises the man or has any information about the robbery should contact Det Con Gareth Davies at Thetford CID on 101 quoting crime reference 36/38919/20.
Alternatively, they can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 5 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 6 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 7 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 8 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 9 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 10 City confirm midfielder exit