Case adjourned against man accused of murdering his estranged wife
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2020
The case against a man charged with murdering his estranged wife has been adjourned.
Cornelius Van Der Ploeg, 63, of Oxmoor Avenue, Hadley, Telford, was arrested in connection with the death of Cherith Van Der Ploeg, 60, and charged with one count of murder.
She was found at an address in Highfields, Costessey, shortly before 11pm on Saturday, February 15.
Van Der Ploeg appeared in Norwich Magistrates' Court on February 17.
He was remanded in custody and the case was sent to Norwich Crown Court.
You may also want to watch:
Van Der Ploeg did not appear in crown court for the hearing in front of Judge Stephen Holt on Tuesday, February 18 and no plea was entered through his solicitor Claire Matthews.
The next hearing, at the same court, is due to take place on April 9.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 4 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 5 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 6 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 7 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 8 Noise investigation launched after works leave houses 'tremoring'
- 9 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk