Hunt continues for thieves who stole car while motorist was in takeaway
- Credit: Archant
Investigations are continuing after a car was stolen while the driver was in a fast food takeaway.
Thieves stole the car after the motorist had briefly left the vehicle to go into the fast food restaurant in Lowestoft.
A silver coloured Vauxhall Corsa had been parked and left unattended temporarily in London Road South, Kirkley while the driver went into the nearby Chick-King Kebab fast food restaurant.
The theft happened about 1am on Wednesday, February 26.
At the time a police spokesman said: “The driver left the car for a short period of time, during which the vehicle was stolen.
“The vehicle was then seen being driven into Waterloo Road.”
You may also want to watch:
With police inquiries ongoing, anyone who witnessed the theft of the vehicle, knows of its whereabouts or saw any suspicious behaviour should call Suffolk police, quoting crime reference 37/12049/20, on 101.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 8 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 9 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 10 Holiday homes bid for site of former landmark hotel