‘Honourable but still illegal’: Uninsured motorist drove car with ‘drunk owner’ in the vehicle
- Credit: Archant
A car has been seized by police after the motorist was found to have no licence or insurance.
The Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team stopped the vehicle on Yarmouth Road in Lowestoft on Friday, October 4.
The driver was found to have no licence or no insurance and the vehicle was subsequently seized.
In a post on Twitter, the Norfolk & Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team said: "Vehicle has been seized in Lowestoft after it's established the driver has no licence or insurance after a routine document check.
"The owner and insured on the vehicle was in the vehicle but was drunk so he asked his friend to drive.
You may also want to watch:
"Honourable but still illegal."
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 3 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 4 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 5 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 6 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 7 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 8 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 9 Glamping site approval despite highway safety concerns
- 10 Awesome views from the top of 'Hunstanton Eye' big wheel