Can I have my wallet back - I think I might have dropped it while I was robbing your shop...
- Credit: Archant Â© 2005
A thief was arrested after he returned to the shop he stole from to ask for his wallet back.
Police said the 27-year-old made off with meat worth £26 from a Lidl in King's Lynn.
Shortly afterwards, store staff found a wallet in the car park of the Austin Street branch.
Then a man offered to return the stolen meat if he could have it back. Staff put two and two together and detained the man, until police arrived.
In an e-mail to town centre businesses Supt Carl Edwards, the area's policing commander, said the man qualified for his 'most short-sighted criminal of the week award'.
You may also want to watch:
He added: 'You'll be pleased to know he got his wallet back, and was issued with a caution but only after a stay in our cells.'
- 1 Busy petrol station on A140 closes due to 'unforeseen circumstances'
- 2 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 3 Part of A47 closed after crash between pedestrian and lorry
- 4 Shocking dashcam footage shows man doing 129mph through village
- 5 Revealed: Coronavirus vaccine hubs in Norfolk
- 6 Vanishing village - Satellite images show incredible erosion at Winterton
- 7 Saver menus and pizzas - how pubs are opening under 'substantial meal' rule
- 8 Man hit by lorry on A47 rushed to hospital with serious injuries
- 9 'More substantial than a Scotch egg': Pub creates the 'Botched egg'
- 10 Never mind Santa's sleigh... how about a Christmas combine harvester?