WATCH: Police rugby tackle suspected rapist after field chase
- Credit: SUBMITTED
A crime suspect was tackled to the ground by police after driving his car into a field.
Video footage filmed by an eyewitness shows a man running away from his car and being chased by two officers across farmland near Chatteris.
The 22-year-old was arrested on suspicion of rape, failing to provide a breath specimen and being in possession of a class B or C drug.
He was taken into custody at the Police Investigation Centre in King's Lynn, before being released on bail until November 2.
A Cambridgeshire police spokesman said: 'The chase happened at 10.20am on October 6 when a silver Audi A3 was reported to have left the road and gone into a field near Chatteris.'
You may also want to watch:
The witness who filmed the incident said: 'I was driving and saw a car go into a ditch. The driver in front stopped too.
'I went over because I thought it was an elderly man who had crashed – but it turned out to be a young man.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 4 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 5 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 6 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 7 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 8 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 10 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
'As soon as he saw the copper he grabbed his bag and ran through the field – but obviously didn't get very far.
'The man was sat in the car rocking backwards and forwards for 20 minutes whilst sitting in the car.
'He was very clearly intoxicated.'