‘It was the worst I have seen for ages’ - Businesses react to coastal flooding
- Credit: Archant
A business owner has described the measures he has to take to protect his workshop from serious damage should there be a flood.
The River Yare surrounds the Riverside Estate in Brundall leaving buildings totally exposed to extreme weather conditions.
Despite the site avoiding fierce destruction this week, a business owner said his workshop was completely flooded.
David Hillburn, of Fencraft, which offers boat hires on the River Yare, described the conditions as the worst he has seen for ages.
'Thankfully we had prepared for the flooding by lifting all the expensive machinery we have off the floor to protect it,' he said.
You may also want to watch:
'It was an inconvenience but we just get use to it.'
Andrew Peachment, director of Nanni, involved in the manufacturing of boats said the floods were part and parcel of working on a site by the river.
- 1 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 2 Welcome to our new website
- 3 Excitement mounts ahead of proposed return for Norwich City at Luton
- 4 Confirmed: Three households can form Christmas bubble to spend festive period together
- 5 Canaries legend Justin Fashanu could have street named after him
- 6 Cromer teenager supports local charities
- 7 Stoke City 2-3 Norwich City: Buendia red card, Krul injury but Canaries stay top of the Championship
- 8 MPs call for Norfolk to be in own coronavirus tier
- 9 Farke fears Krul out for weeks
- 10 Almost 200 Norfolk schools, colleges and nurseries hit by Covid cases
He described the effects of this week's weather as minimal.