‘It was the worst I have seen for ages’ - Businesses react to coastal flooding
- Credit: Archant
A business owner has described the measures he has to take to protect his workshop from serious damage should there be a flood.
The River Yare surrounds the Riverside Estate in Brundall leaving buildings totally exposed to extreme weather conditions.
Despite the site avoiding fierce destruction this week, a business owner said his workshop was completely flooded.
David Hillburn, of Fencraft, which offers boat hires on the River Yare, described the conditions as the worst he has seen for ages.
'Thankfully we had prepared for the flooding by lifting all the expensive machinery we have off the floor to protect it,' he said.
You may also want to watch:
'It was an inconvenience but we just get use to it.'
Andrew Peachment, director of Nanni, involved in the manufacturing of boats said the floods were part and parcel of working on a site by the river.
- 1 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 2 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 3 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 4 First look as Norwich's new £2.75m recycling centre opens
- 5 Birds of prey found shot and poisoned during raid in Norfolk
- 6 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 7 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 8 Reader letter: How Roy Hodgson can save Norwich City
- 9 Woman in 70s knocked over by cyclist at bus station
- 10 'Ugly' Norfolk pub fight was sparked by act of revenge, court hears
He described the effects of this week's weather as minimal.