Erratic driver ‘in rush to buy burger’ caught with illegal cigarettes
- Credit: Archant
A driver was found to be in possession of illegal cigarettes and using red diesel when pulled over by police for his “erratic driving”.
PC Les Maguire of the Thetford Safer Neighbourhoord Team (SNT) stopped a silver Volkswagen at the Forest Retail Park on Sunday afternoon.
Police said the “erratic driving” of the person behind the wheel while “in a rush to buy a burger” caught the officer’s attention.
A search revealed the driver was in possession of illegal cigarettes, while the officer also discovered red diesel in the fuel tank.
Red diesel is a type of gas oil intended for other uses than as fuel for road vehicles, such as ships, freight trains and for heating.
You may also want to watch:
It is against the law to use it in vehicles that travel on public roads, and is marked with a red dye to help prevent its misuse.
The Volkswagen was seized by police while the driver was served with a Section 59 notice.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 5 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 6 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 7 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 8 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 9 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 10 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
While PC Maguire was dealing with this offence, Thetford SNT stopped a second car which was being driven by someone under the influence of drugs.
The driver of the second vehicle was arrested for drug-driving and also for possession of class B drugs.