Man jailed after 13 years of looking at indecent images of children
- Credit: Archant
A 63-year-old Lowestoft man who downloaded nearly 7,000 indecent images of children has been jailed for 18 months.
Barrie Beechey, of Suffolk Road, had a notebook containing a list of pornographic websites specialising in images of young children and had been looking at these images for 13 years, Ipswich Crown Court heard on Thursday, August 1.
Sentencing Barrie Beechey Judge Rupert Overbury said: "There were a significant number of grotesque images depicting appalling abuse."
Beechey, of Suffolk Road, admitted three offences of making indecent images of children and possessing 26 extreme pornographic images.
In addition to being jailed for 18 months, Beechey was ordered to sign the sex offenders' register for ten years and was made the subject of a sexual harm prevention order for the same period.
You may also want to watch:
Michael Crimp, prosecuting, said police officers seized a number of devices from Beechey's home in January last year. and they were found to contain 909 indecent images of children in the most serious level A category, 1,104 images in category B and 4,982 images in the lowest level C category
Marc Brown, mitigating, said his client had made admissions to the police.
- 1 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 2 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 3 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 4 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 5 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 6 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 7 Couple's heartbreak leads to 28 hour stream to support baby loss charity
- 8 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 9 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 10 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women