Woman threatened with knife during attempted robbery
- Credit: Archant
A woman grabbed a knife off a would-be robber as he demanded money.
Police are seeking witnesses following an attempted robbery in Great Yarmouth.
The victim, a woman in her 20s, was walking near to Santander Bank in the Market Place about 1am on Wednesday, August 5 when she was approached by a man with a knife.
A police spokesman said: “The man demanded money but the victim grabbed the knife and the suspect made off down an alleyway towards Havenbridge House.
“As a result of grabbing the knife, the victim suffered a minor cut to her thumb.”
You may also want to watch:
No money was stolen as the man fled empty-handed.
He is described as white, about 5ft 7in tall, of skinny build and with dark hair. He was wearing dark clothing and a dark face covering.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 4 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 5 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 6 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 7 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 8 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 9 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail
- 10 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed
Anyone who may have witnessed the incident, or anyone with information, should call Great Yarmouth CID on 101 quoting reference number 36/53199/20.