Man ‘wanted for murder’ appears in court
- Credit: Archant
A man accused of murder has been remanded in custody after appearing in court.
Arturas Kliauga was arrested near to his Cathcart Street home, in Lowestoft, on Wednesday night following a police surveillance operation.
The 37-year-old was wanted for murder on a National Crime Agency European Arrest Warrant in Lithuania, Suffolk Police said.
Kliauga appeared at Westminster Magistrates' Court on Thursday, where he was remanded in custody.
He is set to return to the court on July 25.
You may also want to watch:
The 37-year-old was stopped by Suffolk Police's Drug and Scorpion team on Love Road at around 9.30pm.
He was allegedly found in possession of 1kg worth of cannabis, with a net worth of around £11,000, police said.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 3 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 4 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 5 Broadband down across Norfolk as Sky internet hit by issue
- 6 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 7 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 8 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 9 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 10 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
Kliagua was arrested and charged with suspicion of possession with intent to supply cannabis.