Man arrested following 20 mile police chase
- Credit: Norfolk Constabulary
A man has been arrested for a number of offences following a 20-mile police chase in south-west Norfolk and Suffolk.
The incident began at around 12.50am on Friday (February 5) morning, when a car was seen to be parked up in the village of Methwold, near Mundford.
As patrolling officers approached the vehicle, a silver Mercedes, it made off at speed.
A chase then ensued through Feltwell and in the direction of Mildenhall, before coming to an end in Lakenheath.
No damage was sustained to the Mercedes or any police vehicles involved in the chase.
The driver was arrested for various offences including failing to stop, dangerous driving, taking without owner's consent, having no insurance, going equipped, and possession of drugs and a bladed article.
He was subsequently remanded in police custody.
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 3 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 4 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 5 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
- 6 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 7 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 8 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 9 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 10 Queuing for petrol - a tale as old as time