Men who admitted armed robbery in which teen was shot to be sentenced in court
- Credit: Archant
Two men who admitted armed robbery in an incident which saw a teenager shot in the back in a Norwich park are due to be sentenced today.
Kallum Eastall, 18, and Jake Brittain, 26, both of no fixed address, had been charged with attempted murder over the shooting in Adelaide Park.
But on the second day of their trial in July, both admitted lesser charges of having a firearm with intent to commit a robbery, attempted robbery and carrying two knives on June 27 last year.
At the time, Ian James, prosecuting, said the pleas were acceptable as it would be difficult to prove who had wielded the weapon used to shoot the teenager, who was from London.
The victim, aged 19, told police he was attacked by four masked men shortly before 2am in the park off the street.
You may also want to watch:
The pair are due to appear in Norwich Crown Court today to be sentenced.
- 1 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 2 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 3 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 4 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 5 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 6 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 7 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 8 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 9 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 10 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry