Dog seriously ill after eating meatballs containing slug pellets on footpath

Granville Road, where a cannabis factory was found. Picture: David Hannant

A dog was left seriously ill after eating a meatball containing slug pellets on Granville Road in Great Yarmouth - Credit: Archant

A dog was left seriously ill after eating a meatball containing slug pellets - which had been left on a public footpath. 

Around 20 meatballs, which had a number of pellets inside, were left on Granville Road in Great Yarmouth. 

A dog walking along the street ate one on Wednesday, July 28, and became seriously unwell.

Granville Road Great Yarmouth

A dog was left seriously ill after eating a meatball containing slug pellets on Granville Road in Great Yarmouth - Credit: Archant

The dog was subsequently taken to the vets and has since made a full recovery. 

Police are now appealing for information following what is considered to be an incident of animal cruelty. 

Enquiries are ongoing and officers are urging residents in the local area to remain vigilant.

Dog and cat owners are reminded that these pellets can be fatal if consumed.  

Most Read

Witnesses are encouraged to contact PC Alistair Scott by calling police on 101, quoting crime reference 36/54466/21.

Alternatively you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously via 0800 555 111.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter