Driver fined for drifting off road and hitting fence
- Credit: Archant
A 20-year-old driver who drifted off the road and hit a fence in a Broadland town has been fined £120 by magistrates.
Joseph Burgess, 20, of Acle, was driving a Vauxhall Corsa in Norwich Road, Aylsham, on June 19 when the car left the road and hit the fence of a property.
Burgess then failed to report the accident, which had seen his Vauxhall Corsa drift across the road several times.
Great Yarmouth Magistrates Court heard Burgess, of Oxcroft, said new medication had caused him to become drowsy.
He pleaded guilty by post to the court to failing to stop after an accident and failing to report an accident.
Magistrates fined Burgess £120 and ordered him to pay costs of £55 and a victim surcharge of £34.
Burgess, who is on benefits, also had eight penalty points put on his driving licence, which magistrates heard had no points on until his offence.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 3 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 4 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 5 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 6 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 7 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 8 'Ghetto' fears raised over scheme for 725 new homes
- 9 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 10 Which Norfolk hospital has the longest ambulance handovers?