A47 lorry driver had no licence and bald tyres on 20-ton trailer
- Credit: NSRAPT
The driver of a 20-ton trailer was stopped by police over the poor condition of their rig – and their boss also got into hot water.
Officers from the Norfolk and Suffolk Armed Policing Team stopped the lorry on the A47 on Tuesday.
They found it had defective tyres, with one of them pictured with no tread at all on one bald spot.
The trailer itself was also being driven in a dangerous condition, as officers spotted the bed giving way.
After stopping the driver, they also found that he only held a regular car licence, and so was not allowed to drive the much larger and heavier trailer.
He was reported by the officers, along with his boss.
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 5 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 6 Market traders 'devastated' over council plans to revoke licences
- 7 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 8 Hamleys toy shop opens in Norwich shopping centre
- 9 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 10 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck