Man charged after police spat at in motel incident
- Credit: Terry Hawkins
A 30-year-old man has been charged with assault and criminal damage after an incident where police were spat at.
Officers were called at 11.35pm, on Tuesday, October 20, to reports that the door to a room at the Valbri Motel, in London Road, Brandon, had been kicked and damaged.
Police attended the scene and a short while later arrested a man on suspicion of criminal damage.
On the way to custody, the suspect allegedly kicked and spat at two police officers.
Damage was also caused to a police vehicle, with two windows smashed.
You may also want to watch:
Lee Emery, of William Kett Close, Norwich, has subsequently been charged with the following four offences:
• Two counts of assaulting an emergency worker
- 1 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 2 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 3 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop
- 4 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 5 Drunk man arrested after driving into water-filled dike
- 6 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
- 7 Search for woman, 64, missing from residential home
- 8 Six schools in Norwich area closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 9 Seafront flats plan set for go ahead
- 10 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
• Two counts of criminal damage
He has been remanded in custody and is due to appear before Ipswich Magistrates’ Court today, Thursday, October 22.