‘No excuses’: 20 motorists stopped for excess speed in just two hours
A series of speed checks have been carried out across three sites in Lowestoft.
Lowestoft Police carried out the speed checks at three sites for two hours on Sunday, October 20 - with 20 motorists stopped for exceeding the 30mph limit.
Posts on the Lowestoft Police Facebook and Twitter pages said: "We've been out today doing some speed checks in Lowestoft.
"Over a two hour period at three sites we had a total of 20 people stopped due to excess speed.
"Simple message, please keep it down!
You may also want to watch:
"Some people said they were late, that's not an excuse.
"Some people said they didn't realise it's a 30mph, that's not an excuse, you should know if you're behind the wheel.
- 1 Driver dies in crash on A47
- 2 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 3 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 4 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 5 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 6 End of an era as hardware store closes after 60 years
- 7 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 8 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 9 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 10 Inside the police operation that has led to 3000 arrests in Norfolk
"Some people said they were talking and were not paying attention, that's not an excuse and could be careless driving.
"Most were genuinely mortified and will hopefully learn their lesson.
"We just want everyone to drive safely within the limits.
"You never know where we or our camera vans might pop up next."