Creepy characters get set for Great Yarmouth Hippodrome’s first Halloween show
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Spooky stunts and ghostly acrobatics are set to dazzle at Great Yarmouth's historic Hippodrome as it hosts its first ever Halloween show.
The week-long spooktacular will see the 111-year-old circus building transformed into a ghoulish wonderland to host a cast of creepy acrobatic characters.
The show follows in the footsteps of the popular Easter pirates show, which went down a storm with locals and visitors alike, and has again been written by Jack Jay, youngest son of owner Peter.
Jack said: 'Halloween is a big holiday and it's always appealed to us. We thought what a fun opportunity to encourage everybody to dress up and create a show that's suitable for everybody.
'And the added bonus is the Hippodrome has got added atmosphere and can quite easily be made a creepy place, and with the new set up it feels totally different.'
You may also want to watch:
The show runs from October 25 to November 2. For more details, and to book, www.hippodromecircus.co.uk
- 1 'We'll be forced back on the roads' - travellers' plea at site hearing
- 2 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 3 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 4 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 5 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 6 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 7 Tax in post: Only Fools and Horses van racks up fines
- 8 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
- 9 Norfolk social worker loses race discrimination case
- 10 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife