Crashes cause traffic delays on A47
- Credit: Â©Archant Photographic 2010
A series of crashes has caused delays along the A47 today.
A crash at Acle partially blocked the road just after noon.
Emergency services were called to the westbound carriageway, near the Norwich Road junction, after reports that two cars had been involved in a collision and one male was trapped.
A spokesman for the ambulance service said a rapid response vehicle, paramedic officer, ambulance and the land crew from the East Anglia Air Ambulance were called to the scene along with Norfolk Fire and Rescue crews.
Traffic backed up on the Acle Straight and there were delays in both directions.
You may also want to watch:
A four vehicle smash caused delays near Wendling, near Dereham.
A Vauxhall Insignia, Ford Ranger, Vauxhall Astra and Volkswagen Lupo were involved in the accident.
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 3 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 4 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 5 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 6 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 7 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 8 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 9 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 10 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea
No one is believed to have suffered serious injuries in the crash.
A broken down Citreon Saxo causing a blockage a little way on the Norwich side of the Easton roundabout.
A crash involving two lorries near Necton, at around 9.45am today, left debris on the road which required clearing by emergency services.
No one is believed to have been seriously injured.