Man taken to hospital after car rolled into ditch close to Thickthorn roundabout
- Credit: Highways England
One lane of the A11 was closed after a car rolled into a ditch close to the junction with the A47 at the Thickthorn roundabout.
Police said they were called to the scene at 1.05pm on Friday to reports of a car having left the road.
The car was travelling along the northbound carriageway towards Norwich when it left the road and rolled into a ditch.
There were no reported injuries, though the man driving the car was taken to hospital as a precaution.
An ambulance service spokesperson said: “We were called shortly after 1pm with reports of an injured man. Two ambulances were on scene.
You may also want to watch:
“We transported the patient to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for further care.”
With little traffic on the roads amid the coronavirus lockdown, there were no severe delays or queues caused by the accident.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 9 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 10 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
All lanes are now open as of 3pm.
For up-to-date information about the county’s roads, visit our live traffic map.