Cranmer House Care Home in Fakenham ‘is not set to close’ - say campaigners
- Credit: Archant
Campaigners fighting to save a highly-valued Fakenham care home have dismissed concerns the unit is set to close.
The Friends of Cranmer House have been campaigning to keep open Cranmer House on Norwich Road amid threats to cut healthcare beds at the unit.
Rumours have been circulating in recent days that Cranmer House could be set to close.
Gilly Foortse, chairman of the Friends of Cranmer House, said: 'The Friends of Cranmer House would like to allay fears that Cranmer House is to close. 'This is in fact not the case. There are to be changes but the issue is essentially about who is to commission (fund) the beds on the ground floor of Cranmer House.
'In the past these have been jointly commissioned by North Norfolk Clinical Commissioning Group (NNCCG) and West Norfolk Clinical Commissioning Group (WNCCG).
You may also want to watch:
'The plan is that in the future WNCCG alone will commission all the beds subject to the approval of its governing body which should take place towards the end of June.
'The beds will continue to be used for patients leaving hospital who still need care while they wait for their care plan to be put in place and are fit enough to go home.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 4 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 8 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 9 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 10 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
'The aim is to link in with the nationwide plan to provide more care in the community - helping to prevent unnecessary hospital admissions and to shorten the time patients need to spend in hospital.
'A year ago the whole gamut of services provided by our much-loved Cranmer House were under threat and the Friends of Cranmer House thank everyone who worked so hard to prevent this happening.
'This new funding arrangement means that Cranmer House will continue to survive into the future.'
Last week a fashion show was held at the Fakenham Racecourse which raised more than £1,000 for Cranmer House. A quiz night at the Gallow Sports Centre on June 2 will raise more funds.
The Friends' annual general meeting will be at Cranmer House on July 18 at 7pm . All welcome.
For more about the Friends of Cranmer House e mail firstname.lastname@example.org.