Craft and food fair raises money for nursing home residents
- Credit: Sent in by Kingsley Healthcare
Dozens of people enjoyed Norfolk food and craft at an inaugural nursing home fair.
The event at Heron Lodge Nursing Home on Norwich Road, Wroxham, attracted more than 200 people.
Broadland MP Keith Simpson opened the event, which included many of Norfolk's most acclaimed food and craft traders.
Alison Fallowfield, manager of the Kingsley Healthcare-run home, said: 'We want to make this an annual event for the whole community.
'It was great to welcome so many local people for the first time here and our residents and their families thoroughly enjoyed the day. We were blessed by fantastic weather.'
You may also want to watch:
Entertainers during the fair included popular vintage singer Miss Kitty Collins.
Proceeds from the raffle and tea and cake sales will be split between the residents' fund for extra activities and 222 (Broadland) Squadron Air Cadets.
- 1 Man jailed for seven years over coercive behaviour which left victim 'shattered'
- 2 Nine Norfolk schools closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 3 Major boost for £100m campaign to reintroduce rail travel between two Norfolk towns
- 4 Six new coronavirus deaths confirmed at Norfolk hospital
- 5 Flood alerts in place across Norfolk
- 6 Fears loss of Arcadia group could have significant impact on Norfolk high streets
- 7 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 8 How close is Norfolk to tier 1?
- 9 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote
- 10 Talented 24-year-old opens new bakery in village
Raffle prizes were donated by many of the traders as well as local businesses.