Craft and food fair raises money for nursing home residents
- Credit: Sent in by Kingsley Healthcare
Dozens of people enjoyed Norfolk food and craft at an inaugural nursing home fair.
The event at Heron Lodge Nursing Home on Norwich Road, Wroxham, attracted more than 200 people.
Broadland MP Keith Simpson opened the event, which included many of Norfolk's most acclaimed food and craft traders.
Alison Fallowfield, manager of the Kingsley Healthcare-run home, said: 'We want to make this an annual event for the whole community.
'It was great to welcome so many local people for the first time here and our residents and their families thoroughly enjoyed the day. We were blessed by fantastic weather.'
You may also want to watch:
Entertainers during the fair included popular vintage singer Miss Kitty Collins.
Proceeds from the raffle and tea and cake sales will be split between the residents' fund for extra activities and 222 (Broadland) Squadron Air Cadets.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 3 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 4 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 5 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 6 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 7 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 8 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 9 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 10 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
Raffle prizes were donated by many of the traders as well as local businesses.