Craft and food fair raises money for nursing home residents
- Credit: Sent in by Kingsley Healthcare
Dozens of people enjoyed Norfolk food and craft at an inaugural nursing home fair.
The event at Heron Lodge Nursing Home on Norwich Road, Wroxham, attracted more than 200 people.
Broadland MP Keith Simpson opened the event, which included many of Norfolk's most acclaimed food and craft traders.
Alison Fallowfield, manager of the Kingsley Healthcare-run home, said: 'We want to make this an annual event for the whole community.
'It was great to welcome so many local people for the first time here and our residents and their families thoroughly enjoyed the day. We were blessed by fantastic weather.'
You may also want to watch:
Entertainers during the fair included popular vintage singer Miss Kitty Collins.
Proceeds from the raffle and tea and cake sales will be split between the residents' fund for extra activities and 222 (Broadland) Squadron Air Cadets.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 5 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 10 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
Raffle prizes were donated by many of the traders as well as local businesses.