Court issues criminal behaviour order for Dereham offender
- Credit: Norfolk Police
A 26-year old Dereham man has been convicted of five incidents of criminal damage and a malicious communication offence in the town.
Joe Brown, of Crown Place, was given a two year Criminal Behaviour Order by King's Lynn Magistrates after committing the offences in the town between July and December last year.
He was also ordered to pay a total of £522 in victim compensation in addition to court costs, and handed a 12 month conditional discharge.
The provisions set out in the Criminal Behaviour Order state that Brown must not enter any premises where alcohol is sold or consumed within the area bounded by the red line on the map with the exception of Morrisons supermarket, and must not be in possession of any open container of alcohol in a public place within the same area.
He must also enter and abide with a good neighbour contract with Flagship Housing for his home address of Crown Place in Dereham.
You may also want to watch:
Sgt Andy Tomlinson of Dereham Police Station said: 'Breckland Police have now appointed a dedicated officer in a bid to reduce re-offending, such as that seen by Brown, by progressing applications for Criminal Behaviour Orders.
'We are keen to protect the communities we serve by breaking the pattern of offending by a small number of individuals whose behaviour impacts on the public by causing harassment, alarm or distress.'
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 4 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 5 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 6 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 7 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 8 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 9 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 10 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital