Could you help the seals, swans and hedgehogs at this Norfolk wildlife hospital?
- Credit: Ian Burt
Caring for wild animals can be a messy business and now RSPCA East Winch is appealing for people to help in the centre's laundry room.
The centre cares for hundreds of wild animals every day and gets through dozens of washing loads in the process.
Now they are appealing for volunteers to help them lighten the laundry load and wash towels and dry suits used by staff and volunteers cleaning out the animals.
Manager Alison Charles said: 'It is all hands on deck at the moment as we have so many different animals in - from hedgehogs and swans right up to seals.
'With all the cleaning that we have to do it creates a lot of laundry in particular so we would be really grateful if people have some time to spare to help us get everything washed and dried ready to be reused.
You may also want to watch:
'We have one lovely lady who comes in to help us every Monday - but it is such a mound of laundry it is too much for one person. We just have mountains of suits and towels that need washing every day.
'Even tasks like moving donated newspapers from the collection bins, folding them flat and putting them on the shelving units is such a help to us as this is so time consuming to do - but really helps speed things up when you have dozens of hedgehogs to clean out.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 3 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 5 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 6 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 7 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 8 Norfolk roadworks to be aware of this week
- 9 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor
- 10 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
'When we have so many animals in to look after it can be tricky for us to keep up with all the washing that needs to be done - so some extra pairs of hands would really help. Even just for a couple of hours a week would really help us out.'
Anyone who would like to help out at RSPCA East Winch should email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 0300 123 0709.