Could you help the seals, swans and hedgehogs at this Norfolk wildlife hospital?
- Credit: Ian Burt
Caring for wild animals can be a messy business and now RSPCA East Winch is appealing for people to help in the centre's laundry room.
The centre cares for hundreds of wild animals every day and gets through dozens of washing loads in the process.
Now they are appealing for volunteers to help them lighten the laundry load and wash towels and dry suits used by staff and volunteers cleaning out the animals.
Manager Alison Charles said: 'It is all hands on deck at the moment as we have so many different animals in - from hedgehogs and swans right up to seals.
'With all the cleaning that we have to do it creates a lot of laundry in particular so we would be really grateful if people have some time to spare to help us get everything washed and dried ready to be reused.
You may also want to watch:
'We have one lovely lady who comes in to help us every Monday - but it is such a mound of laundry it is too much for one person. We just have mountains of suits and towels that need washing every day.
'Even tasks like moving donated newspapers from the collection bins, folding them flat and putting them on the shelving units is such a help to us as this is so time consuming to do - but really helps speed things up when you have dozens of hedgehogs to clean out.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 4 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 5 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 6 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 7 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 8 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 9 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 10 A47 closed in both directions after crash
'When we have so many animals in to look after it can be tricky for us to keep up with all the washing that needs to be done - so some extra pairs of hands would really help. Even just for a couple of hours a week would really help us out.'
Anyone who would like to help out at RSPCA East Winch should email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 0300 123 0709.