Could you be the next Sheringham Carnival queen or attendant?
- Credit: © ARCHANT NORFOLK PHOTOGRAPHIC
The weather is distinctly not for carnivals, but the countdown has begun already to Sheringham's summer spectacular.
The selection evening for Sheringham Carnival's queen and attendants is on march 22 in the private function room at the Tyneside Club at 8pm.
Those who are selected to join the royal family will win £150 and a specially-designed dress.
Paula Popham from the carnival committee said: 'Ladies, please come along and enter – you will have a lovely week. Bring all your family and friends for moral support.'
The band Liza Wolfe will be playing during the evening.
You may also want to watch:
Sheringham Carnival, which was saved from possible cancellation when people responded to a call for volunteers in EDP, runs this year from August 3 to 11.
Mrs Popham said the programme was being worked on and would be ready for publication in time for the Cromer and Sheringham Crab and Lobster Festival in May.
- 1 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 2 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 3 Family told baby with half a working heart has weeks to live
- 4 Woman on soft-food diet 'forever' after attack by kick-boxer partner
- 5 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 6 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 7 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 8 Pub hands out free ice creams during road collision traffic jam
- 9 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 10 Left-back seals permanent Canaries exit
The annual raft race will be on August 25, while there will be another carnival masquerade ball in September.
This year's creative competition is to 'make a model duck', with the entries exhibited at the Windham Arms annexe on duck race day.