Could you be the next Cromer Carnival queen?
A royal decree has been issued to find Cromer's next carnival queen.
Organisers of the annual extravaganza, which runs from August 11-17, are appealing for ladies to come forward for the selection event from 7.30pm on April 27.
Judges at the Cliftonville Hotel will select the next person to be the leader of the town's royal family, to take over from 2011 queen Lucy Royle.
They will also select the queen's senior attendant.
Miss Cromer will receive a �200 prize, sponsored by Woodrows Chartered Surveyors, and must be available to attend all day on Sunday August 12 and Wednesday August 15.
The senior attendant, who must be available on the same days, gets a �150 prize, sponsored by Icarus Hines Butchers.
Entrants must be 17 years old or over and live within the area of the Poppyland Partnership - Cromer, Suffield Park, Aldborough, Aylmerton, East and West Runton, Felbrigg, Hanworth, Northrepps, Overstrand, Roughton, Sidestrand, Sustead and Trimingham.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 3 Teenager admits stabbing three people in Norwich city centre
- 4 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 5 More than 80 Norfolk parishes protest against wind farm plans
- 6 Man stopped 504 people from getting jabs after gluing vaccine centre locks
- 7 Norfolk hotel set to launch five romantic orchard cabins next year
- 8 MP 'not concerned' about single Omicron case in north Norfolk
- 9 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 10 Tributes paid to much-loved family man who died in A143 crash
The queen's junior attendants will be chosen at 7pm at The Cottage on Louden Road. Entrants must be aged 12-16 and live in the Poppyland Partnership area.
The carnival prince and princess will be selected at 3pm at the Pavilion Theatre on May 6 - or on the pier forecourt if the weather is fine. Entrants must be aged 11 and under and live in the Poppyland Partnership area.