Coronavirus: All racing cancelled at Snetterton
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2020
Racing fans will have to wait until at least May after all Snetterton Race Circuit events were postponed.
Following advice from the government regarding social-distancing, Motorsport Vision (MSV), owners of Snetterton Race Circuit, have postponed all racing and testing until at least May.
A spokesman said: “MotorSport UK, the MCRCB and the ACU have taken the decision to suspend all motorsport events until at least the end of April, a decision which will be kept under review as the situation progresses. We fully support that position and therefore confirm that we will be postponing all race events at our circuits due to take place in March and April.”
Snetterton’s two largest events are the British Superbikes and British Touring Car Championship. These are scheduled to take place in June and July.
The spokesman added: “We are working with organisers to arrange new calendars for series including British Superbikes and Touring Cars for later in the year, when we hope restrictions will be lifted.”
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for a postponed event will be valid for the rescheduled event. If customers are unable to attend a full refund will be given. If fully cancelled a refund with be issued.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 3 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 4 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 6 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 7 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 8 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 9 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 10 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Joy for Greens in Norwich