Coronavirus: All racing cancelled at Snetterton
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2020
Racing fans will have to wait until at least May after all Snetterton Race Circuit events were postponed.
Following advice from the government regarding social-distancing, Motorsport Vision (MSV), owners of Snetterton Race Circuit, have postponed all racing and testing until at least May.
A spokesman said: “MotorSport UK, the MCRCB and the ACU have taken the decision to suspend all motorsport events until at least the end of April, a decision which will be kept under review as the situation progresses. We fully support that position and therefore confirm that we will be postponing all race events at our circuits due to take place in March and April.”
Snetterton’s two largest events are the British Superbikes and British Touring Car Championship. These are scheduled to take place in June and July.
The spokesman added: “We are working with organisers to arrange new calendars for series including British Superbikes and Touring Cars for later in the year, when we hope restrictions will be lifted.”
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for a postponed event will be valid for the rescheduled event. If customers are unable to attend a full refund will be given. If fully cancelled a refund with be issued.
- 1 PE teacher banned after getting drunk and showing her breasts at school prom
- 2 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 3 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 4 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 5 Man arrested after woman suffers broken collar bone in row over mask
- 6 'It's nonsense': Shoppers react to Norfolk's Tier 2 announcement
- 7 Commuter trains halted as Norwich to London line blocked
- 8 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 9 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 10 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Coventry City - Krul out three weeks; Pukki out this weekend