Pub launches new radio station to keep in touch with customers
- Credit: Archant
A popular pub has launched a radio station to stay at the heart of its community.
Pubs around the country have been ordered to close as part of the government’s lockdown, but many are doing their best to keep in touch with customers, be that through deliveries or social media messages.
At The Brickmakers, on Sprowston Road, Norwich, the team have launched a radio station in order for customers and bands to remain connected.
Charley South, its landlord, has booked a number of local bands to broadcast on the station throughout the week and is available to chat to listeners and take song requests via the website.
She has also invited friend and the local vicar at Sprowston Parish Churches, the Revd Canon Simon Stokes, to call into the station for a coffee and a chat twice a week. They also broadcast a pre-recorded communion service twice each Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “We have had to make a huge step change to stay connected to our wonderful community and so far, it is working really well. Locals are engaging with us live on the radio as well as sharing photos and videos of themselves rocking out and enjoying the music at home.
“Despite the negative impact of the pandemic, we wanted everyone to know they aren’t alone and we are here to keep their spirits up.”
To listen and see its programme, click here.
• To keep up to date with what’s happening in your region, join our Facebook page here.
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 7 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 8 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 9 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting