Pub launches new radio station to keep in touch with customers
- Credit: Archant
A popular pub has launched a radio station to stay at the heart of its community.
Pubs around the country have been ordered to close as part of the government’s lockdown, but many are doing their best to keep in touch with customers, be that through deliveries or social media messages.
At The Brickmakers, on Sprowston Road, Norwich, the team have launched a radio station in order for customers and bands to remain connected.
Charley South, its landlord, has booked a number of local bands to broadcast on the station throughout the week and is available to chat to listeners and take song requests via the website.
She has also invited friend and the local vicar at Sprowston Parish Churches, the Revd Canon Simon Stokes, to call into the station for a coffee and a chat twice a week. They also broadcast a pre-recorded communion service twice each Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “We have had to make a huge step change to stay connected to our wonderful community and so far, it is working really well. Locals are engaging with us live on the radio as well as sharing photos and videos of themselves rocking out and enjoying the music at home.
“Despite the negative impact of the pandemic, we wanted everyone to know they aren’t alone and we are here to keep their spirits up.”
To listen and see its programme, click here.
• To keep up to date with what’s happening in your region, join our Facebook page here.
- 1 When can I go to the beach? Lockdown travel questions answered
- 2 Photos show RAF centre being visited by ‘beast’ of an aircraft
- 3 Driver fined after leaving queue before entering Co-Op
- 4 New mass vaccination centre opening in Norfolk
- 5 'Stay local' warning and visitors fined after hundreds head to Sea Palling
- 6 Mum sets up sideline selling jewellery made from breast milk
- 7 Cottage project that is a 'step back in time' coming under hammer
- 8 Revealed: Adult vaccination rates are lower in some areas of Norfolk
- 9 Police fine 39 second-homers and day-trippers in resort crackdown
- 10 Restaurants and pubs reopening outdoors in April