Coronation Street star to switch-on Lowestoft Christmas lights today
One of Soap opera's most notorious characters is set to switch-on Lowestoft Christmas lights this afternoon.
Actor Nigel Pivaro, best known as Coronation Street Bad Boy Terry Duckworth will be in Lowestoft later today to switch on the town's Christmas lights.
Nigel will be starring as the villainous Abanazar in the town's pantomime Aladdin at the Marina Theatre from December 18.
Joining him on stage for the switch-on at 5pm will be fellow cast members from the pantomime including Britain's Got Talent finalist Christopher Stone.
The fun kicks off around lunchtime with children's rides in town with music and entertainment provided by local radio station The Beach from 2pm.
You may also want to watch:
Woody Bear, Father Christmas and girl band Minx will be entertaining the crowds during the afternoon before the big switch on at 5pm.
Free parking is available in town centre car parks from 4pm
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault