Convenience store to take the place of disused garage in School Road, Reepham
- Credit: Archant
Plans are being drawn up to convert a former garage into a convenience store.
Broadland District Council has received plans to demolish the old Reepham Motors building in School Road, Reepham, and put up a two-storey shop with six parking spaces in its place.
The project's design and access statement said: 'It is making effective use of a developed site in an urban area.
'The traditional design will improve the street scene and create variety with the modern and older developments along this road.'
The application has been lodged by Wellsfield Associates on behalf of the Northhold Group.
The new building's first floor rooms, including warehousing and staff areas, would be partly accommodated within a 'pitched crown roof design'.
A Northhold Group spokesman said it was not yet known which firm would occupy the store.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 3 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 4 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 5 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 6 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 7 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 8 Tucked-away house in same family for over 100 years up for sale
- 9 Pub near Dereham has its first winners of steak-eating challenge
- 10 Elderly driver taken to hospital after village green crash